The Ruger® SR-762™ is a lightweight, quick-handling carbine that is an ideal rifle for those who appreciate the familiar and ergonomic AR-style platform. The .308 Win./7.62 NATO cartridge is perfect for hunting medium and most large-sized game and enhances the capability of the AR-style platform in defensive or tactical roles. The SR-762™ retains the features of the original SR-556® that make it a solid performer among modern sporting rifles.
- A patented chrome-plated, two-stage piston with multi-stage regulator provides a cleaner, cooler running, reliable firearm with superior operating endurance. The two-stage piston delivers a smooth power stroke to bolt carrier.
- The four-position chrome-plated gas regulator can be adjusted for optimum reliability and superior operating endurance. The gas system may be closed completely for manual operation during training or when using a suppressor.
- Folding backup iron sights include a windage-adjustable rear sight and an elevation-adjustable front sight. These sights provide a solid, reliable aiming system that can be folded out of the way to make room for optics and can be instantly redeployed if needed.
- Precision-rifled, chrome-lined, cold hammer-forged 7120 alloy steel barrel ensures accuracy and longevity.
- Fluted barrel, for reduced weight and improved barrel cooling, features a Ruger® flash suppressor mounted with a 5/8″-24 thread.
- Round, smooth-sided Ruger® lightweight adaptable handguard with flattop receiver features a Mil-Spec 1913 Picatinny rail at 12:00 position that extends the full length of the handguard. Drilled and tapped for additional rails at the 3:00, 6:00 and 9:00 positions (two additional rail sections included), providing ample space for mounting sights, lights, lasers or other accessories.
- Lower receiver is fitted with the Magpul® MOE® grip and MOE SL™ collapsible buttstock on the mil-spec buffer tube.
- Chrome-plated bolt and chrome-plated one-piece bolt carrier with oversized and radiused rear bearing surface.
- Also includes: three, 20-round Magpul® PMAG® magazines; soft-sided case; three finger-grooved rail covers.
- The Ruger® Elite 452™ AR-Trigger is a two-stage trigger that offers a smooth, crisp, 4.5 pound trigger pull. It features a full-strength hammer spring for consistent primer ignition and a lightweight hammer that enables a 30% faster lock time over standard MSR triggers.
- Model Number: 5601
- Caliber: 308 WIN / 7.62 NATO
- Stock: Black Synthetic Collapsible
- Sights: Folding Iron Sights
- Barrel Length: 16.12″
- Overall Length: 34.75″ – 38″
- Capacity: 20
- Twist: 1:10″ RH
- Width: 2.50″
- Height: 8″
- Weight: 8.6 lb.
- Thread Pattern: 5/8″-24
- Finish: Manganese Phosphate / Hardcoat Anodized
- Length of Pull: 11.50″ – 14.75″
- Grooves: 6