What’s in the Box
- Ruger-57 5.7x28mm Full-Size Pistol with Davidsons Dark Earth Finish
- (2) 20 Round Steel Magazines
- Cable Lock
- Owner’s Manual
The Ruger-57 is a full-featured handgun wrapped around a standard capacity, 20-round steel magazine, chambered in the high performance and low-recoiling 5.7x28mm caliber.
The most touted feature of this new pistol is its impressive ergonomics. The slender steel magazine is surrounded by a glass-filled nylon frame featuring an optimized texture, making for a natural and ergonomic grip. Despite the longer cartridges, the trigger reach is no longer than many common 9mm Luger handguns. All of the controls are easily accessible, like the 1911-style ambidextrous manual safety, robust slide release and the reversible magazine latch.
The flat-shooting 5.7x28mm cartridge is recognized for its superior ballistic performance. The lighter weight projectiles have significantly less felt recoil than 9mm Luger, allowing quicker sight reacquisition.
Rounding out the package is a windage and elevation adjustable, serrated rear sight and rapid acquisition fiber optic front sight for fast, accurate shooting; Picatinny-style accessory rail; and Secure Action™ fire control which combines Ruger’s reliable and proven internal hammer with a short, crisp trigger pull and a positive reset. To top it off, the slide is drilled and tapped for easy mounting of optics with a separately available optic adapter plate, available at ShopRuger.com.
The through-hardened, billet steel slide with lightening cuts features enhanced front and rear cocking serrations. The steel barrel features a black nitride treatment for wear resistance, and the fire control housing is precision CNC-machined from anodized aluminum. The pistol is 8.65″ long and weighs 24.5 ounces. It ships in a lockable hard case and includes two, 20-round steel magazines.
- Impressive ergonomics include an easy trigger reach, 1911-style ambidextrous manual safety, robust slide release and reversible magazine release latch.
- Through hardened, billet steel slide with lightening cuts is drilled and tapped for easy mounting of optics with separately available optic adapter plate, available at ShopRuger.com.
- Windage and elevation adjustable, serrated rear sight and rapid acquisition fiber optic front sight for fast, accurate shooting.
- The alloy steel barrel features a black nitride treatment for wear resistance.
- Steel magazine provides double stack capacity without unnecessary bulk.
- Textured, ergonomic frame provides a secure and comfortable grip.
- The Secure Action™ fire control combines Ruger’s reliable and proven internal hammer with a short, crisp trigger pull and a positive reset.
- Safe, easy takedown with no tools or trigger pull required.
- Inspection port allows for visual confirmation of a loaded or empty chamber.
- Picatinny-style accessory rail for easy mounting of lights and lasers.
- Magazine drops free on release for convenient reloading.
- Also includes: two steel magazines.
- Model Number: 16412
- Caliber: 5.7X28MM
- Capacity: 20+1
- Grip Frame: High-Performance Glass-Filled Nylon; Davidson’s Dark Earth Finish
- Barrel Length: 4.94″
- Overall Length: 8.65″
- Barrel Material: Alloy Steel
- Barrel Finish: Black Nitride
- Front Sight: Fiber Optic
- Rear Sight: Adjustable
- Slide Material: Alloy Steel
- Slide Finish: Davidson’s Dark Earth
- Weight: 24.5 oz.
- Slide Width: 1.20″
- Height: 5.60″
- Grooves: 8
- Twist: 1:9″ RH
- Available in CA: No
- Available in MA: No