What’s in the Box
- Ruger Enhanced Precision Rifle 6mm Creedmoor
- (2) Magazines
- Cable Lock
- Owner’s Manual
The Ruger Precision Rifle, purpose-built for long-range precision shooting, is the perfect match for the 6mm Creedmoor cartridge. A relative newcomer to the market, the Ruger Precision Rifle has quickly become a standard in the long-range shooting sports. It is highly sought after for its combination of an accuracy-enhancing in-line recoil path, easy configurability with AR-style components, cold-hammer forged 5R-rifled barrel, adjustable trigger, and modest cost. The Ruger Precision Rifle chambered in 6mm Creedmoor with a 1:7.7″ twist and 24″ barrel provides long-range shooters with cutting edge technology in both rifle and cartridge.
- Medium-contour (.75″ at the muzzle) threaded barrel with 5/8″-24 threads.
- Cold hammer-forged 4140 chrome-moly steel barrel with 5R Rifling at minimum bore and groove dimensions, minimum headspace and centralized chamber.
- Equipped with a Ruger Precision Rifle® Short-Action Handguard for improved scope clearance for long-range scopes.
- 20 MOA Picatinny rail secured with four, #8-40 screws for increased long-range elevation capabilities.
- “Upper” receiver and one-piece bolt are precision CNC-machined from pre-hardened 4140 chrome-moly steel to minimize distortion.
- Three-lug bolt with 70° throw features dual cocking cams and a smooth-running, full diameter bolt body.
- In-line recoil path manages recoil directly from the rear of the receiver to the buttstock, not through a traditional bedding system, providing maximum accuracy potential.
- Ruger® Precision MSR stock with QD sling attachment points features a bottom Picatinny rail and soft rubber buttpad. The left-folding stock hinge is attached to an AR-style buffer tube and accepts any AR-style stock. Length of pull and comb height are adjustable.
- Barrels can be easily replaced by a competent gunsmith using AR-style wrenches and headspace gauges.
- Magazine well front is contoured for a positive grip for bracing against shooting supports.
- Oversized bolt handle for positive bolt manipulation, with 5/16″-24 thread for easy replacement. Bolt disassembly tool is stored in the bolt shroud for easy striker channel cleaning.
- “Lower” magazine well halves are precision machined from aerospace-grade 7075-T6 aluminum and are Type III hard coat anodized for maximum durability.
- Patent-pending multi-magazine interface functions interchangeably with AICS and M110/SR-25/DPMS/Magpul-style magazines (works with some M14 magazines).
- Ruger Marksman Adjustable™ trigger is externally adjustable with a pull weight range of 2.25 to 5.0 lbs.; wrench is stored in the bolt shroud.
- Extended trigger-reach AR-style grip and 45° reversible safety selector. May be configured with any AR-style grip and selector.
- Also includes: two, 10-round Magpul® PMAG® magazines.
- Model Number: 18016
- Caliber: 6mm Creedmoor
- Stock: Folding Adjustable Length of Pull and Comb Height
- Barrel Length: 24″
- Barrel: Cold Hammer-Forged 5R Rifling
- Handguard: Ruger Precision Rifle™ Short-Action
- Twist: 1:7.7″ RH
- Grooves: 5
- Weight: 10.8 lb.
- Capacity: 10
- Height: 7.30″
- Overall Length: 43.25″-46.75″
- Length of Pull: 12″ – 15.50″
- Folded Length: 35.60″
- Width: 3.30″