What’s in the Box
- Ruger AR-556 MPR 5.56mm Semi-Auto Rifle
- Vortex Strike Eagle Riflescope
- Leapers UTG 30mm Rings
- (1) Magazine
- Cable Lock
- Owner’s Manual
About the Rifle
The new Ruger AR-556® Multi-Purpose Rifle (“MPR”). This custom-built modern sporting rifle features an 18″ nitrided alloy barrel with rifle-length gas system, Ruger’s 15″ free-float handguard compatible with M-LOK® accessories, the Ruger® Elite 452™ AR-Trigger and ergonomic Magpul® furniture. The perfect rifle for a variety of uses, the AR-556 MPR is capable and versatile.
The MPR’s cold-hammer forged 18″ alloy barrel with 5R rifling is salt bath nitrided for corrosion resistance and durability. The barrel is contoured to minimize weight without sacrificing rigidity, leaving a 0.75″ journal for the low-profile gas block. The soft-shooting, rifle-length gas system paired with a Ruger® muzzle brake provides smoother operation and softens recoil to keep every shot on target.
Ruger’s 15″ free-float handguard is light, stiff and versatile, with Magpul M-LOK accessory attachment slots along the 3:00, 6:00 and 9:00 positions. Additional slots on the angled surfaces near the muzzle are perfect for mounting a light, laser or QD sling cup. Compared to a typical quad-rail forend, the 1.50″ diameter handguard makes the MPR’s forend slim and controllable. M-LOK-compatible Picatinny rail sections can be easily added. The integral Picatinny rail at the 12:00 position is tightly controlled to the most current STANAG 4649 specification.
The crisp 4.5 pound trigger pull of the Elite 452 two-stage trigger is a great addition to the MPR. The lower receiver is fitted with Magpul’s MOE® grip and Mil-Spec MOE SL™ buttstock, making the rifle easy to handle, shoulder and shoot. The Mil-Spec compatible lower and upper receivers are CNC-machined from forgings and hard coat anodized. The MPR comes complete with dust cover, brass deflector and forward assist.
- Lower receiver is fitted with Magpul® MOE® grip and MOE SL™ collapsible buttstock on the Mil-Spec buffer tube.
- Handguard is free-floating for accuracy and the slim, 15″ length provides enhanced ergonomics and support.
- Made from aerospace-grade 7075-T6 aluminum forging, the flattop upper receiver includes a forward assist, dust cover and brass deflector, and is Type III hard coat anodized for maximum durability.
- Bolt is machined from 9310 alloy steel and is shot peened and pressure (proof) tested to ensure strength, structural integrity and durability.
- The Ruger® Elite 452™ AR-Trigger is a two-stage trigger that offers a smooth, crisp, 4.5 pound trigger pull. It features a full-strength hammer spring for consistent primer ignition and a lightweight hammer that enables a 30% faster lock time over standard MSR triggers.
- Rifle-length gas system provides smoother operation and reduces felt recoil.
- Magpul® M-LOK® accessory attachment slots along the 3:00, 6:00 and 9:00 positions with additional slots on the angled faces near the muzzle.
- Cold hammer-forged 4140 chrome-moly steel barrel with ultra-precise rifling provides exceptional accuracy, longevity and easy cleaning. The 1:8″ twist rate stabilizes bullets from 35 to 77 grains, and the 5.56 NATO chamber allows the use of both 5.56 NATO and .223 Rem. Ammunition. M4 feed ramps provide improved operational reliability, and the matte black nitrided finish provides corrosion resistance.
- Chrome-plated bolt carrier inside diameter and chrome-plated gas key inside diameter provide exceptional resistance to hot gases. The gas key is staked so that it will not loosen after extensive firing. A matte black oxide finish on the exterior of the bolt carrier provides corrosion resistance.
- Ruger® muzzle brake is a radial port design that significantly reduces felt recoil and muzzle movement. The 1/2″-28 threaded barrel allows for standard muzzle accessories to be installed.
- Also includes: One, 30-round Magpul® PMAG®.
Vortex Strike Eagle Specifications
- Magnification: 1-6 x
- Objective Lens Diameter: 24 mm
- Eye Relief: 3.5 inches
- Field of View: 116.5-19.2 feet/100 yards
- Tube Size: 30 mm
- Turret Style: Capped
- Adjustment Graduation: 1/2 MOA
- Travel per Rotation: 44 MOA
- Max Elevation Adjustment: 140 MOA
- Max Windage Adjustment: 140 MOA
- Parallax Setting: 100 yards
- Length: 10.5 inches
- Weight: 17.6 ounces
Please note: The scope ships inside the rifle box. It does not come mounted on the rifle.
- Manufacturer: Ruger
- Model: AR-556 MPR (Multi-Purpose Rifle)
- Model Number: 8514
- Caliber: 5.56 NATO / 223 REM
- Stock: Black Synthetic Collapsible
- Front Sight: None
- Rear Sight: None
- Barrel Length: 18″
- Thread Pattern: 1/2″-28
- Handguard: Free-Float M-LOK®
- Twist: 1:8″ RH
- Capacity: 30
- Finish: Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- Height: 8″
- Weight: 6.8 lb.
- Overall Length: 35″ – 38.25″
- Length of Pull: 11.10″ – 14.40″
- Grooves: 5
There are no reviews yet.