What’s in the Box
- AR-556 5.56mm Semi-Automatic Rifle
- (1) 10-Round Magazine
- Cable Lock
- Owner’s Manual
The Ruger AR-556 semi-automatic, M4-style, direct impingement Modern Sporting Rifle offers consumers an affordable, American-made Modern Sporting Rifle with the rugged reliability they have come to expect from Ruger. Extensively tested during its development, the AR-556 is constructed from top-quality components, including forged 7075-T6 aluminum upper and lower receivers and a cold hammer-forged chrome-moly steel barrel with M4 feed ramp cuts.
Chambered in 5.56 NATO, the AR-556’s carbine-length, flat-top, M4 design is fully configured with a Ruger Rapid Deploy folding rear sight, milled F-height gas block with post front sight, forward assist, dust cover, brass deflector, telescoping six-position stock, improved trigger-reach grip, enlarged trigger guard and one 30-round Magpul PMag. Standardized M4/AR components are utilized throughout, so the AR-556 can be customized easily.
- This model ships with a 10-round magazine for consumers in those states which limit magazine capacity.
- Ruger® Rapid Deploy folding rear sight provides windage adjustability and pairs with the A2-style, F-height, elevation-adjustable front sight for a solid, reliable aiming system.
- Made from 7075-T6 hard-coat anodized aluminum forgings, shot-peened and proof-tested 9310 steel bolt, and 8620 steel bolt carrier. The inside diameter of the carrier and gas key are chrome plated and the key is staked for longevity.
- Barrel nut and delta ring allow easy, one-person service of the heat-resistant glass-filled nylon handguard. The design accepts most standard carbine-length handguards. The barrel nut uses a standard wrench.
- Gas block is located at a carbine-length (M4) position for improved balance and handling. Multiple attachment points include a QD socket and bayonet lug, for many sling and accessory mounting options. Serrations on the angled face of the gas block provide a low-glare surface.
- Handguards are made from heat-resistant glass-filled nylon for shooting comfort and durability.
- Single-stage trigger provides durable and reliable fire control. The enlarged trigger guard is designed to allow gloved shooting in cold weather.
- Six-position, telescoping, M4-style buttstock and Mil-Spec buffer tube allow the rifle to be properly sized for different shooters or varying levels of outerwear.
- Equipped with a heavy contour, cold hammer-forged alloy barrel with 1:8″ twist rifling that provides exceptional accuracy with bullets from 35 to 77 grains. M4 feed ramps and 5.56 NATO chamber allows the use of both 5.56 NATO and .223 Rem. ammunition. The barrel and 1/2″-28 Ruger® flash suppressor have a matte black oxide finish to reduce glare and provide corrosion resistance.
- Front sight post is elevation adjustable, and a front sight tool is included. The A2-style, F-height front sight allows co-witness with many optics.
- Ergonomic pistol grip features an extended trigger reach for more precise trigger control.
- Made from aerospace-grade 7075-T6 aluminum forging, the flat top upper receiver features a forward assist, dust cover and brass deflector.
- Also includes: one, 10-round metal magazine.
- Model Number: 8511
- Caliber: 5.56 NATO
- Stock: Black Synthetic Collapsible
- Front Sight: Adjustable Post
- Rear Sight: Adjustable Ruger® Rapid Deploy
- Barrel Length: 16.10″
- Thread Pattern: 1/2″-28
- Feature: State Compliant Capacity
- Handguard: Glass-Filled Nylon
- Twist: 1:8″ RH
- Capacity: 10
- Receiver Finish: Type III Hard-Coat Anodized
- Height: 8″
- Weight: 6.7 lb.
- Overall Length: 32.25″ – 35.50″
- Length of Pull: 10.25″ – 13.50″
- Grooves: 5
- UPC: 7-36676-08511-8
There are no reviews yet.